This charter sets out the standards you can expect when we ask for, or hold, your personal information.
We collect data to:
- Ensure the advice we give you is correct
- To retrieve your information if you need another service
- To provide anonymous statistics to our stakeholders
- To share with our partners, with your prior permission, who provide services to you
When we ask for your personal information we promise to:
- Make sure you know why we need it
- Ask only for what we need
- Not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- Protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who should not
We adhere to the following codes of practice:
- We abide by the law including GDPR when handling personal information
- We ensure that if your information is shared with another organisation this is only done with your permission
- We follow the Information Commissioner’s Office’s Data Sharing Code of Practice when we share information to ensure that the other organisation treats your information with the same level of care as Citizens Advice
- Citizens Advice does not sell personal information about our clients, staff or volunteers to commercial organisations
- We provide training to staff and volunteer who handle personal information and respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly
Access to personal information
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “subject access request” under the GDPR. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to
- Let you have a copy of the information
We handle all information in a manner that respects the rights of individuals and which complies with the requirements of GDPR.
To request your personal information held by Citizens Advice South Somerset please email or write to us.
If you are unhappy with how we hold your data please email or speak to our Client Services Manager and follow our complaints procedure. Ask at reception for more information.