As an independent charity and not for profit company we are governed by a board of trustees who serve as volunteers giving their time and expertise freely. The Board are responsible in law for managing the organisation and ensuring that we operate effectively and to high standards of professional practice. The Board work with the CEO to set the strategic direction of the organisation and to provide public accountability for the work that we do.
There are 10 Board members each bringing particular skills and expertise into their role including specialist knowledge in relation to charity finances, law, personnel management, delivery of advice services, health and safety.
The Board meets quarterly and is supported by a Finance Sub Committee.
The Board Members are:
- Rod McDonagh – Chair of Trustees
- Tim Aye – Treasurer and member of Finance Committee
- Charles Counsell – Trustee and member of Finance Committee
- Margaret Mercer – Trustee and member of Finance Committee
- Colin McDonald – Trustee and member of Finance Committee
- Geoff Ferneyhough – Trustee
- Judith Baker – Trustee
- Jacqueline Swann – Trustee
- Michael Hope – Trustee
- Rebecca Lee – Trustee
The Auditors appointed by the Board are Albert Goodman.