- changes to the services we offer in South Somerset
- events we are supporting in the community
- posts from other organisations that we think may be useful
We encourage open conversation on social media and want to hear your views and experiences. However, we ask that you abide by our community guidelines.
Please note we cannot give advice or respond to advice requests over social networks because:
- we don’t think it gives sufficient confidentiality
- the Research and Campaigns team are part time volunteers who are not qualified advisers
If you do ask us for advice on our Facebook or Twitter accounts, we will try and refer you to the relevant service or source of information as soon as possible but we cannot guarantee when we will respond. If you need advice please click here.
Social Media – Community Guidelines
When you contribute to one of our social media channels you agree:
- to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to or otherwise upload
- to use language that is appropriate, respectful and polite
- that use of trademarks or intellectual property belonging to another will not be used unless the owners’ prior permission has been given
Any posts which contravene these guidelines or which we deem inappropriate may be hidden, deleted or lead to a ban. In most cases we will endeavour to inform the poster why their post or behaviour was inappropriate. Inappropriate posts and behaviour may include:
- offensive language, profanity, personal attacks, illegal statements, discrimination of any kind
- content attempting to impersonate someone else
- advertisements for products and/or services
- misleading information, deliberately or accidentally.
- contacting people privately or separately from the original discussion and using offensive or aggressive language.
NB: We will not remove posts because they are critical of Citizens Advice, unless they also match any of the criteria above.