Note: This process only applies to doing Advice emails using your own IT equipment. If you have CA SS issued IT equipment you will be able to access Outlook in the normal way.
Open the Adviser mailbox online.
Locate the Email you intend to respond to in the Inbox and read it
Create a response as text, in Word or something else. Use this template please.
When constructing the response please follow these guidelines:
- Be clear as to what question(s) is being asked and respond to that
- Consider what the next question may be and try to answer that
- Address the client formally, “Mr Smith” not “John”
- Make sure the writing style is friendly but professional
- Make sure any assumptions are clearly stated at the beginning of your response
- Put links on separate lines and put context around them in your text
- Read your email when finished and compare it to the clients question
- Include more than 5 or 6 links and sublinks. Only what is necessary
- Re-write content that is in web pages your are linking, simply refer to it
- Make your response too complex, consider the client reading it
- Include links to Advisernet pages the client can’t open
- Include any personal identifiable information