Client’s Relationship Situation
- Is the client married, in a civil partnership or living with their partner?
- If married or in a civil partnership where did this take place (UK or elsewhere)? How long has the client been married or in a civil partnership?
- Are there any emergencies, for example domestic abuse, nowhere to stay etc?
- Is the client or their partner subject to immigration control?
- Does the client want to separate or try and stay together? What does the client’s partner want?
- Is the situation amicable?
- Has there been any attempt at counselling or mediation so far?
Client’s Housing Situation
- What is the client’s housing situation – renting, owned, with a mortgage?
- Are the deeds, tenancy and/or mortgage in joint names?
- Is the client and/or their partner still living in the property?
- Is one party or the other intending to move out?
Client’s Family Situation
- Does the client or partner have children? Ages?
- Is the client or partner pregnant?
- What is the client’s income?
- Are any debts? if so what are they and are they in the client’s name, partner’s name or joint?