What is the Client’s Housing Situation
- Is the client a tenant?
- Social or Private?
- Who is the landlord
- If private is there an agent?
- What type of tenancy agreement do they have? If no tenancy agreement what else does client have, for example a rent book?
- Rent paid per month?
- Deposit paid? Was this protected?
- Does the landlord live with the client?
- Is the home linked to a job or other similar arrangement?
- Is the client an owner occupier?
- Mortgage payment per month?
- What is the size of property (number of bedrooms)?
- Has the client received any formal notification to quit or are they being evicted – a notice seeking possession for example? Is there any pending court action or has action already happened?
- Has the client made a Homefinder application? A Homelessness application?
Client’s Household Details
- Adults and Children, with ages?
- What is the client’s/household income (from benefits and work)?
- What Capital have the client and the household got (savings, other property etc)?
- What is the client/household’s work history (if/when/how long where people in the Household employed)?
- Are there any health issues in the household?
Existing Benefits in the Household
- Means Tested – JSA, ESA, IS, HB, CTR, CTC, WTC, UC?
- Contribution based – ESA, JSA, New Style ESA, New Style JSA?
- Non-means tested – DLA, PIP, AA, CA, other?