- Is the enquiry about you, someone else in the UK or someone abroad?
- Are you or the person you are enquiring about, an asylum seeker?
- Is this the enquiry about the asylum case or is it about asylum support?
- Emergencies: Is there threat of detention or deportation?
- Does the client have no money or no place to stay?
- If asylum case, consult the advice session supervisor
Details of person (if client)
- What is your nationality?
- What is your partner’s nationality?
- Are you a British or EU citizen?
- Is your partner a British or EU citizen
- Do you know you and your partner’s current immigration status?
- Do you have any recent letters from the Home Office about your immigration status?
- Is there a time limit on your stay in the UK?
- When does your leave to stay in the UK end?
- Any other restrictions to your stay in the UK?
- Are you in UK for work/holiday/as a spouse or family member
Key dates to look out for:
- Date of any immigration decision and deadline to appeal