What is the Homelessness and Housing project?
The Homelessness and Housing project is service for clients in the South Somerset area who are struggling with the housing situation in whatever way.
How does this service differ from general advice?
This is a specialist service for clients in our community who need a greater level of support with their housing needs.
What is on offer?
We can help with:
- Helping you to understand landlord and tenants rights and responsibilities
- Checking a Tenancy is legal
- Checking a Notice is legal
- Supporting you if you need to ask your landlord to uphold their responsibilities
- Supporting you to liaise with your landlord over an agreed tenancy issue
- Access to legal support where helpful
- Assisting you to complete a budget and/or a benefit check
- Supporting you with housing related applications/form filling if you are struggling with these
- Supporting you to prioritise actions and decide what to do and when
- Forming a plan of action and following this through with continued support
How do I access this service?
If you live in South Somerset and would like to access this service please contact our Adviceline.
If you are a professional and would like to make a referral for a client please do so through the CA Somerset website