What is the Open Mental Health Project?
Open Mental Health is a Somerset alliance of local voluntary organisations and the NHS. We are working in partnership to ensure that adults in Somerset get the support they need, when they need it. Our shared ambition is to ensure that people living with mental health problems get the right support at the right time.
Working together, we support people to live a full life, by enabling access to specialist mental health services, housing support, debt and employment advice, volunteering opportunities, peer support, community activities and physical exercise, to help support and improve their wellbeing and quality of life.
How does this service differ from general advice?
This is a specialist service for clients in our community who need a greater level of support due to mental health issues.
What is on offer?
We can help with:
- Enabling access to specialist mental health services
- Housing support
- Debt advice
- Employment advice
- Volunteering opportunities
- Peer support
- Community activities and physical exercise
How we help:
- You will be allocated a dedicated Caseworker with experience of working with people struggling with mental health issues
- You will be contacted by telephone to arrange an initial appointment which suits your availability and circumstances
- You will be provided with on-going support to help with all areas of life
How do I access this service?
If you are a professional and would like to make a referral for a client please do so through the CA Somerset website