What is the Vulnerable and Older Persons Advice Service?
The Older Persons Advice Service is especially for older people who are finding it difficult to get the help and advice they need.
How does this service differ from general advice?
This is a specialist service for vulnerable and older clients in our community who cannot access our services in another way.
What is on offer?
We can help with:
- A change of circumstance (where you live or the care you need). We offer a full benefits and money advice service
- Household bills and problems with your suppliers (gas, electric or phones)
- Advice on financial help you may be entitled to if you or your partner are unwell
- Advice on other assistance such as Council Tax Reduction and Blue Badge
- Advice on keeping warm and getting better energy tariffs or heating grants
- Lasting Power of Attorney or any other advice need you have
How we help:
- You will be allocated a dedicated Caseworker with experience of working with older people.
- You will be contacted by telephone.
- We will arrange an appointment for you which suits your availability and circumstances.
- Appointments can be organised at any of our centres in Yeovil, Chard, Crewkerne, Wincanton or Somerton.
- If you are unable to travel to us we may be able to offer an appointment at your home or another convenient location
How do I make a referral?
If you would like to make a referral call Ian on 01935 847 674