What is the WPD Assist Power Pathway?
This debt and money advice service, including help to claim benefits and financial capability, is for clients with mental ill health who are struggling to manage fuel bills, fuel debts, want energy saving advice or help with switching to reduce their fuel bills.
How does this service differ from general advice?
This is a specialist debt and money advice service for clients who have mental ill health which prevents them from accessing general advice services to resolve their financial difficulties.
What is on offer?
Each client referred and eligible for the service will be offered:
• A dedicated, debt and money adviser
• A one-to-one initial assessment with ongoing advice and support
• Budgeting, income maximisation and financial capability advice
The service will offer clients who have mental ill health help with the following:
• Register on Western Power Distribution Priority Service Register
• Claim the Warm Home Discount
• Advice, options and support to deal with fuel and other debts
• Resolving fuel poverty and apply for grants
• Energy Advice
• Fuel switching
Clients can refer in to the service through:
• South Somerset Citizens Advice General Advice Service
• Assist Pathway