Volunteers are the life force of our organisation and without them we would not be able to deliver the level of service that we offer.
We want to expand our team in order to bring help to even more local people.
Volunteering with Citizens Advice South Somerset
Becoming a volunteer may seem a little daunting, but don’t worry! You will be joining a very friendly and supportive team.
We welcome people from all walks of life and backgrounds and offer flexible volunteering arrangements that mean you can organise your time with us around your other commitments.
What does it take to be a volunteer?
You don’t need specialist skills or knowledge. We provide you with all the training, supervision and support you will need.
Can you …
- Listen with care and attention to detail
- Put people at their ease and help them to explain their problems clearly
- Be non-judgemental and open-minded
- Read and write English and do basic arithmetic
- Use a computer keyboard and the internet with confidence
- Learn new skills and commit to completing the foundation training course
- Agree to carry out your role in accordance with the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice South Somerset
- Commit to volunteering regularly
Online application form: Citizens Advice South Somerset Volunteer Application Form
We are seeking new volunteers to join our team of Advisers
Advisers work with clients on a one to one basis to determine what level of service is appropriate for their situation. A typical advice session will involve assessment and exploration of the client’s problem, research, fact finding and delivery of information and advice that explains the client’s options and enables them to make an informed decision about how they wish to move forward. Once the session is complete the adviser will write up their case notes with guidance from the session supervisor. Click here for the role outline.
Research and campaigns volunteers work to produce publicity and public information on local issues. Click here for the role outline.
When to join us?
We accept volunteers at any time and offer a flexible foundation training programme.