What is a Case Work Assistant?
A Case Work Assistant supports our caseworkers with a range of administrative and IT tasks, helping us to improve the service to our clients.
What’s in it for you?
- Be challenged in a rewarding volunteer role
- Becoming a part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Using existing skills and developing new ones
- Enjoying new experiences
- Learning something new every day
- Supporting your local community
- Be treated equally and receive great free training
We will train you to…
- Follow up clients to find out the outcomes of advice
- Record outcomes on our database
- Assist with form applications
- Complete evaluations and measure the impact of our service
- Research possible sources of funding for individuals and families in need
- Complete client satisfaction surveys
- Follow up calls with professionals where necessary
- Liase with health professionals to gather appropriate information
This role will suit?
Over 18’s who have good communication, maths and IT skills who will need to:
- Commit to the Aims and Principles of the Citizens Advice service and respect views, values and cultures that are different from their own
- Understand why confidentiality is important
- Be open and approachable
- Show an ability to work as part of a team and recognise their own limits and boundaries as well as having a positive attitude to self-development and assessment
- Sift through information and extract what is relevant
Place: Citizens Advice South Somerset, Petters Way, Petters House, Yeovil, BA20 1SH.
Time: Preferably one or more 4-hour sessions per week but can be flexible.
Who to contact: June Carty. Telephone 01935 847675 or email [email protected]
Training: Training is free and is a mixture of self-study, hands-on experince and classroom based activities.
Expenses: Out-of-pocket costs between home and the local office will be paid.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
Click here to apply