What is an Initial Adviser?
An Initial Adviser helps to provide an effective and efficient triage service to clients visitng Citizens Advice South Somerset for help.
What’s in it for you?
- Be challenged in a rewarding volunteer role
- Becoming a part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Using existing skills and developing new ones
- Enjoying new experiences
- Learning something new every day
- Supporting your local community
- Be treated equally and receive great free training
We will train you to…
- Assess clients’ problem(s) using sensitive listening and questioning skills
- Identify key information about the problem
- Give a summary of the problem to identify what the client needs
- Assess and agree the right level of service, working out the client’s ability to take the next stage themselves, the difficulty of the problem and the resources of Citizens Advice South Somerset.
This role will suit?
Over 18’s who have good communication, maths and IT skills who will need to:
- Commit to the Aims and Principles of the Citizens
- Advice service and respect views, values and cultures that are different from their own
- Understand why confidentiality is important
- Be open and approachable
- Show an ability to work as part of a team and recognise their own limits and boundaries as well as having a positive attitude to self-development and assessment
- Sift through information and extract what is relevant
Place: Yeovil, Crewkerne, Chard, Ilminster, Martock, Somerton, Wincanton
Time: Preferably two or more 4-hour sessions per week but can be flexible.
Who to contact: June Carty. Telephone 01935 847675 or email June@citizensadvicesouthsomerset.org.uk
Training: Training is free and is a mixture of self-study, hands-on experince and classroom based activities.
Expenses: Out-of-pocket costs between home and the local office will be paid.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.