What is a Receptionist?
A receptionist welcomes clients and ensures they are helped, providing excellent customer service.
What’s in it for you?
- Be challenged in a rewarding volunteer role
- Becoming a part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Using existing skills and developing new ones
- Enjoying new experiences
- Learning something new every day
- Supporting your local community
- Be treated equally and receive great free training
We will train you to…
- Welcome clients into the service, run the reception and give information
- Explain waiting times and procedures
- Give information about Citizens Advice South Somerset and other advice services to clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures
- Show sensitivity and respect for clients
- Keep confidentiality about clients and their contact with Citizens Advice South Somerset
- Process client information, details of other services, and show leaflets/factsheets from the Citizens Advice website
- Talk to advice staff about support for individual clients
- Maintain stocks of stationary, leaflets and posters, and order from suppliers
This role will suit?
Over 18’s who have good communication, maths and IT skills who will need to:
- Commit to the Aims and Principles of the Citizens Advice service and respect views, values and cultures that are different from their own
- Read body language and verbal cues to respond appropriately to the diverse community that comes to the centre
- Understand why confidentiality is important
- Be open and approachable
- Show an ability to work as part of a team and recognise their own limits and boundaries as well as having a positive attitude to self-development and assessment
- Sift through information and extract what is relevant
Place: Yeovil, Chard and Wincanton
Time: Preferably one or more 4-hour sessions per week but can be flexible.
Who to contact: June Carty. Telephone 01935 847675 or email June@citizensadvicesouthsomerset.org.uk
Training: Training is free and is a mixture of self-study, observing others, hands-on experience and workshop activities.
Expenses: Out-of-pocket costs between home and the local office will be paid.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
Click here to apply