What is a Research and Campaigns Assistant?
A Research and Campaigns worker co-ordinates, promotes and gets involved in all aspects of Research and Campaigns to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
What’s in it for you?
- Be challenged in a rewarding volunteer role
- Becoming a part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Using existing skills and developing new ones
- Enjoying new experiences
- Learning something new every day
- Supporting your local community
- Be treated equally and receive great free training
- Providing support and guidance to advisers on research and campaigns work
- Keeping up to date with research and campaigns issues, monitoring trends in local office enquiries, to identify issues for potential local or national research and campaigns work
- Maintaining the profile of research and campaigns within the local office
- Contributing to learning about research and campaigns by providing one to one and group training and support
- Contributing to effective research and campaigns work within the local office through monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Attending relevant internal and external meetings and events, providing reports as necessary
This role will suit?
- Volunteers who have good communication, maths and IT skills will also need to have
- A strong sense of justice
- Understanding of the importance of research and campaigns work to the aims of the service.
- Understanding of key current social issues, and their potential impact on Citizens Advice clients
- Commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service
- Ability to give feedback clearly and sensitively
- Good report-writing skills
Place: Citizens Advice South Somerset, Petters Way, Petters House, Yeovil, BA20 1SH.
Time: Preferably two or more 4-hour sessions per week but can be flexible
Who to contact: June Carty. Telephone 01935 847675 or email [email protected]
Training: Training is free and is a mixture of self-study, hands-on experince and classroom based activities.
Expenses: Out-of-pocket costs between home and the local office will be paid
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.