What is an Administrator?
Administrators work alongside our staff and volunteers to provide a range of administration, IT and clerical tasks to support our work. The role is varied and offers the chance to work with a range of IT packages, different team members and different projects.
What’s in it for you?
- Be challenged in a rewarding volunteer role
- Becoming a part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Using existing skills and developing new ones
- Enjoying new experiences
- Learning something new every day
- Supporting your local community
- Be treated equally and receive great free training
We will train you to…
- Update spreadsheets and databases
- Record information on our database
- Assist with new projects and initiatives
- Edit and print photos, posters and leaflets
- Scan and attach documents to client records
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining supplies of stationery, leaflets and reference materials
This role will suit?
Over 18’s who have good communication, maths and IT skills who will need to:
- Commit to the Aims and Principles of the Citizens Advice service and respect views, values and cultures that are different from their own
- Understand why confidentiality is important
- Be open and approachable
- Show an ability to work as part of a team and recognise their own limits and boundaries as well as having a positive attitude to self-development and assessment
Place: Citizens Advice South Somerset, Petters Way, Petters House, Yeovil, BA20 1SH.
Time: Preferably one or more 4-hour sessions per week but can be flexible.
Who to contact: June Carty. Telephone 01935 847675 or email [email protected]
Training: Training is free and is a mixture of self-study, hands-on experince and classroom based activities.
Expenses: Out-of-pocket costs between home and the local office will be paid.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
Click here to apply